WARNING There Has To Be A Culver - Thomas - Matthews Plan and NOT For The Good Of The People
Posted by: Rickey Stokes
Date: Jan 20 2014 10:31 PM
~~HOUSTON COUNTY: For some reason for some reason former Dothan Mayor Pat Thomas and his associate Commissioner Larry Matthews think the people of Houston County are stupid.
Thomas who served two terms as District 5 Commissioner and one term as Dothan Mayor thinks the people of Houston County want him as a Houston County Commissioner.
Then Thomas fellow Dothan “yes” man commissioner, Larry Matthews, thinks after getting beat twice on the Dothan Commission the people of Houston County want him as a Houston County Commissioner.
1. Pat Thomas and Larry Matthews raised taxes and every fee they could find while in office.
2. Pat Thomas and Larry Matthews had the worst police chief in the history of the City of Dothan. His name was John Powell.
3. Matthew was defeated two times as Commissioner of the City of Dothan.
4. Thomas was in business with Dothan City Manager Dennis Rubin. The fellow commissioners and mayor of the time was not aware of that.
5. Thomas decided if his business partner, Dennis Rubin, kept his job and the raises he got while City Manager.
6. When Dennis Rubin left Dothan as City Manager, he took $ 15,000.00 unauthorized and Thomas and the fellow Commissioners allowed Rubin to do so, without authorization.
7. Thomas was also in business with Matt Parker of the Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce. The Dothan Commission allocated money. Thomas did not disclose that he was in business with Parker when funding was an issue.
8. Thomas allow his police chief John Powell to abuse the power of his badge and attempt to destroy lives. Thomas never held Powell accountable for his actions.
9. Thomas was told by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer of Houston County Powell needed to leave. That Powell was destroying what was once a fine department. Thomas ignored those warnings.
10. Thomas and Matthews never saw a tax or fee he did not support increasing.
11. Thomas was involved in a secret tape recording conspiracy of city officials by Houston County Commission Chairman Mark Culver. A person that Thomas is great personal friends with.
12. Thomas was involved in a secret tape recording conspiracy with his great friend and business partner and city manager, Dennis Rubin. The secret tape recording conspiracy was against those within the City of Dothan government.
Pat Thomas and Mark Culver are great friends. Culver apparently has something against Houston County Commissioner Jackie Battles and Curtis Harvey.
Probably because they do not rubber stamp everything Culver wants.
Chairman Mark Culver was the deciding factor for Probate Judge Luke Cooley’s husband to be on the Houston County Personnel Board. And it was Coley’s husband that Culver was in business with using information from the Probate Office to purchase real estate.
Folks…careful this election cycle. While I like Thomas and Culver. I do wear my bullet proof vest when around them.
They are up to games and ones not for the people of Houston County.