2013 Tag Renewal Requirments for Houston CountyMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Feb 21 2013 8:11 AM
Below please find the tag renewal requirements under the new Mandatory Liability Insurance Law. This has been reported to the public but we are still having issues with the system verifying an individual’s insurance. In many cases the insurance is not being confirmed. Please encourage everyone to bring in to the office the information listed below. If they are mailing their renewal forms in, they need to fill in all the required information to prevent a delay.
If you could remind your listeners/readers about the following it would be appreciated:
2013 Alabama Tag renewal requirements under new Mandatory Liability Insurance law Effective January 1, 2013
Please provide the following items if renewing in person at the Houston County Administrative Building or at any remote tag site or include copies if renewing by US mail or by dropping in Houston County Drop Box.
1. A current insurance card which included the policy number and Insurance Company Number (NAIC)
2. A valid ID for each individual listed on the vehicle registration
3. Present renewal notice or vehicle registration for each vehicle
4. Include phone numbers (home & cell) and email address
5. All information requested on the renewal card must be completed to renew by US Mail or to drop off in the Houston County Drop Box
The above information will also be required for all online renewals. Online renewal transactions may be completed online at houstoncounty.org under the tab, online payments.