DANGER DANGERT DANGER Read All About It - CAUTION CAUTION CAUTIONRickey Stokes
Posted by: RStokes
Date: May 28 2014 9:24 AM
HOUSTON COUNTY: There is a plan. The plan is not to be a Houston County Commissioner. The plan is to be Houston County Commission Chairman.
That is the plan of FORMER Dothan Mayor Pat Thomas. He made that clear in a recent speech to the Houston County Republican Executive Committee.
Thomas is seeking to oust Houston County Commissioner Jackie Battles. Thomas wants to get into the seat and run for his dear friend Mark Culver’s Chairman position.
Electing Thomas as a County Commissioner will be dangerous to the residents of Houston County, and here is why:
- Thomas and Culver are dear friends. Putting the two together on the same board, the citizens and their wallets are free game.
- Thomas and Culver have a long standing history of using their positions with their friends to go into business to gain personally. Then in their position they take care of their friends, awarding them jobs, contracts, or financial incentives.
- Thomas voted AGAINST the Dothan workforce going under state retirement.
- Thomas allowed the worst police chief in the history of the City of Dothan to reign during his four years of Mayor. Thomas, West and Powell ran off 100 plus Dothan Police Officers.
- Thomas allowed the worst police chief in the history of the City of Dothan to place citizens under surveillance. Unmarked police officers photographed citizens getting petitions signed to change the form of government in the City of Dothan away from a City Manager form of government.
- Thomas participated in secret meetings at David Parsons office. A place where the Dothan underground government was meeting.
- Thomas did not feel the citizens of Dothan were smart enough to make decisions. He forced the one cent sales tax down the throats of the people of Dothan. Thomas felt he knew best.
- Thomas worked to increase every fee and tax possible during his tenure as Mayor.
- Thomas was in business with former Dothan City Manager Dennis Rubin. Thomas decided the raises of Rubin when he was City Manager.
- Thomas and Culver were co-conspirators in secret tape recordings of City of Dothan workforce attempting to set them up and get them fired.
- Thomas and Rubin were involved in secret tape recordings of fellow elected officials in an apparent power play grab.
- Thomas allowed the worst police chief of the City of Dothan to run communistic tactics against people in order to intimidate them.
- Thomas spent nearly $ 50,000.00 City of Dothan money in a Pennies For Progress campaign to justify the one cent sales tax, only to shelf the campaign.
- When a Dothan Commissioner, Thomas allowed over $ 80,000.00 to be spend remodeling someone else’s building to house the Magistrate Office. After two years the Magistrate Office abandoned the building leaving behind the over $ 80,000.00 spent on someone else’s building.
Several high ranking law enforcement officials met with Pat Thomas over the destruction of the Dothan Police Department by Thomas’ Police Chief John Powell. Thomas refused to take any action and allowed Powell to destroy the department more, harm lives and families, do surveillance of the public who opposed anything Thomas supported.
It took Mike Schmitz coming on board as Mayor to end the destructive pattern and practice of the Thomas Mayor tenure. Schmitz made it clear Dothan was not large enough for Powell and the Thomas tactics.
Thomas has apparently got his former Dothan Commissioner, Larry Matthews, to run in Houston County Commission District 1. And to place this duo with Culver, no one in Houston County will be safe.
And law enforcement and county workforce, look at Thomas and Matthews history. They do not support law enforcement.
To the citizens of Houston County, JUST SAY NO…NO WAY…we are not giving the keys of Houston County to Thomas, Matthews and Culver. We are stuck with Culver, but…NO WAY!
Pictures 2 - 5 are of Dothan Police unmarked cars under Thomas reign as Mayor and Powell's reign in destruction as police chief which had citizens under surveillance.