Dothan City Commission Agenda for Today's MeetingMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Mar 05 2013 8:14 AM
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
March 5, 2013 at 10:00 A.M.
1. Invocation: Dr. Johnny Fain - First Baptist Church
2. Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Reading
3. Roll Call: Schmitz__Reading__Newsome__Kirkland__Snellgrove__ Barbaree__Baxley__
4. Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of Meeting of February 19, 2013.
5. Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation - "Wiregrass Museum of Art - Youth Art Month" - Joseph Sette, Director, Wiregrass Museum of Art
Documents:Proclamation-Youth Art Month.pdf
6. Communications from City Manager:
7. Communications from City Clerk:
8. Public Hearing regarding the abatement and removal of noxious or dangerous weeds.
Documents:Weed Abatement Public Hearing.pdf
9. Ord. No._________Rezoning property owned by Tadlock Management, LLC located at 200 Morgan Street from R-4 District to B-1 District.
Documents:Rezoning-Tadlock Management LLC.pdf
10. Res. No._________Declaring certain properties which are overgrown with weeds, scrub, wild bushes, grass and other vegetable growth as injurious to the health, safety and welfare of the community as nuisances and ordering that the properties be abated.
Documents:Authorizing Abatement of Weeds.pdf
11. Res. No._________Confirming the cost incurred in notification and abatement of certain properties determined to be nuisances by Resolution Number 2012-324 and 2013-5 and turning the costs over to the County Tax Collector so that the amounts can be added to the next regular bills for taxes levied against the respective lots and parcels of land.
Documents:Weed Abatement Cost Assessment.pdf
12. Res. No._________Requesting that the legislative delegation for the City of Dothan, Alabama introduce and support legislation that will allow the Board of Commissioners to hold a referendum to determine if alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption may be sold on Sundays between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and midnight within the corporate limits of the City of Dothan.
Documents:Sunday Sales of Alcohol-off premises.pdf
13. Res. No._________Executing Change Order 3 to the contract with W.L. Hailey & Company, Inc. for the construction of the Little Choctawhatchee Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion increasing the contract in the amount of $283,967.34 and a final contract amount of $26,810,977.34 and appropriating funds for said change order.
14. Res. No._________Increasing the contract with Polyengineering, Inc. to provide engineering services for the Little Choctawhatchee Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion in the amount of $395,894.00 and a final contract amount of $2,300,869.00 and appropriating funds for said contract increase.
15. Res. No._________Submitting a grant application to the Alabama Department of Environmental Management through the Alabama Recycling Fund in the amount of $298,500.00 to assist with the City?s recycling efforts.
Documents:ADEM Recycling Grant.pdf
16. Res. No._________Declaring a 1997 Ford Crown Victoria as surplus and no longer needed for public or municipal purposes and authorizing the transfer of the vehicle to the Town of Grimes.
Documents:Surplus Police Vehicle Transfer.pdf
17. Res. No._________Submitting the 2012 Annual Sludge Report to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Documents:2012 Annual Sludge Report.pdf
18. Res. No._________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.
19. Approval of a claim filed by Maxine Clark.
20. Acceptance of an easement from Tommy Ferguson necessary for storm drainage improvements in the 200 block of Carl Street.