DOTHAN CITY COMMISSION MEETINGMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Mar 19 2013 11:01 AM
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
10:00 A.M., March 19, 2013
1. Invocation: Reverend Bob Barker - First Presbyterian Church
2. Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Newsome
3. Roll Call: Schmitz__Reading__Newsome__Kirkland__Snellgrove__ Barbaree__Baxley__
4. Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of Special Called Meeting of March 1, 2013.
- Minutes of Meeting of March 5, 2013.
5. Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation – “Kick Butts Day” – Judy Guiler, Dothan-Houston County Substance Abuse Partnership; Logan Blake, Dothan-Houston County Substance Abuse Partnership Youth Council; and Alecia Duke, Dothan High School SADD
Documents:Kick Butts Day Proclamation.pdf
6. Communications from City Manager:
- Announcement of Joint Work Session - Dothan City Commission and Dothan Planning Commission - Sign Regulations - March 19, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers
- Announcement of the 2013 Azalea Dogwood Festival - March 24, 2013
- Introduction of the 2013 Azalea Dogwood Queen and Court
- Announcement of the Spring 2013 Dothan 101 Class - Begins April 16, 2013
7. Communications from City Clerk:
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License (on premise) for Applebee's Neighborhood Grill and Bar, 3050 Ross Clark Circle, by Michael H. Kitchen.
- Application for a Wholesale Beer License (off premise) for International Wines, 301 Snow Drive, Birmingham, Alabama, by Charles W. Yeates.
8. Ord. No._________Rezoning property owned by Beverlye Hall Apartments Ltd. and Interstate Properties, LLC located at 210 Crossing Lane from B-2 District and H-I District to R-A District.
9. Res. No._________Submitting to the Alabama Legislature an official statement of opposition to the passage of HB257, SB217, and any other similar legislation to prohibit the imposition of a business license tax on the rental or residential real estate on a per unit basis unless the tax was imposed before January 1, 2013 as an intrusion on the authority of local governments in Alabama to structure and levy business license fees based on local needs and condition.
Documents:Opposing HB257 abd SB217.pdf
10. Res. No._________Approving the conversion of the tennis courts located at the Doug Tew Recreation Center into a picnic pavilion and family recreation area.
Documents:Doug Tew Tennis Court Conversion.pdf
11. Res. No._________Agreeing to join with the Houston County Commission to obtain aerial photography and digital orthographic maps at a cost of $41,700.00.
Documents:Aerial Photography and Maps.pdf
12. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with the National Institute for Jail Operations for the use of the Jail Audit and Risk Management System for detention institutions with an implementation fee of $2,000.00 and a monthly fee of $85.00 for a sixty-month period.
13. Res. No._________Entering into a Software License Agreement and a Support Maintenance Contract with Firehouse Software for the purchase and maintenance of software to be used for the reporting of all Fire Department responses and records management systems at a cost of $185,375.00 and appropriating funds for said agreements.
Documents:Firehouse Software Agreement.pdf
14. Res. No._________Awarding the bid and entering into an agreement with Morse Communications, Inc. for maintenance of the Alcatel-Lucent telephone system for a three-year period with an annual cost of $43,253.10.
15. Res. No._________Executing a Memorandum of Agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Safety to reimburse the City for certain expenses incurred in providing training to student officers at the Alabama Criminal Justice Training Center.
16. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Xerox Corporation for the lease of a copy machine to be located in the Leisure Services Department, Rose Hill Senior Center, as awarded in Bid Number 13-005, at a cost of $79.99 per month for a three-year period.
Documents:Xerox - Rose Hill Senior Center.pdf
17. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Xerox Corporation for the lease of a copy machine to be located in the Leisure Services Department, Water World Park, as awarded in Bid Number 13-005, at a cost of $79.99 per month for a three-year period.
Documents:Xerox - Water World Park.pdf
18. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Xerox Corporation for the lease of a copy machine to be located in the Performing Arts Department, as awarded in Bid Number 13-005, at a cost of $174.29 per month for a three-year period.
Documents:Xerox Agreement - Performing Arts.pdf
19. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with the United States Tennis Association for the 2013 USTA Women’s $50,000.00 Tournament to be held the week of April 14-21, 2013.
Documents:USTA Womens Tournament Agreement.pdf
20. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Pioneer Family Brands, Inc. for use of TROPICAL SNO dry beverage concentrate used in the preparation and sale of shaved ice at Water World for a period of three years.
Documents:Pioneer Family Brands Agreement.pdf
21. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with the Army NAF Contracting Office to allow the NAFI to handle the sale or distribution of discounted Water World tickets to authorized patrons of Fort Rucker.
22. Res. No._________Declaring 1500 watt metal halo ball field fixtures as surplus and no longer needed for public or municipal purposes and authorizing the transfer of said fixtures to the Dale County Board of Education to be used at the little league ball field at South Dale Middle School in Pinckard, Alabama.
23. Res. No._________Approving payment of invoices for the month of February, 2013 in the amount of $13,185,193.90.
Documents:Approving February 2013 Invoices.pdf
24. Res. No._________Appointing James Kelley as a member of the Industrial Development Board.
25. Res. No._________Reappointing Hayne Hollis as a member of the Industrial Development Board.
26. Res. No._________Reappointing Pat Thomas as a member of the Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority.
27. Res. No._________Awarding bids and approving purchases over $15,000.00 by the City and appropriating funds for said bids.
Documents:Bids and Purchases.pdf
28. Res. No._________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.
29. Approval/Denial of a claim filed by Pamela Critten.