Dothan City Commission Meeting for Tomorrow 04-15-14Matt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Apr 14 2014 10:55 AM
AGENDA CITY COMMISSION MEETING DOTHAN, ALABAMA 10:00 A.M., APRIL 15, 2014
1. Invocation: Pastor David Temples Westwood Presbyterian Church
2. Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Baxley
3. Roll Call: Schmitz__Dorsey__Newsome__Kirkland__Ferguson__ Barbaree__Baxley__
4. Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of Meeting of April 1, 2014 and April 3, 2014.
5. Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation - "Small Business Week" - LaRhonda Robinson, Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Proclamation - "Public Safety Telecommunications Week" - Greg Benton, Police Chief.
Documents:Proclamation Small Business Week.pdf, Proclamation Public Safety Telecommunications Week.pdf
6. Communications from City Manager
- Recognition Winners of the National Senior League Games Debbie Reed.
- Recognition City of Dothan Gold Award, Risk Management Trampas Gougler.
- Retirement Certificate Bernard F. Ward Public Works/Environmental Services 37 years of service.
- Annual Report on the Financial Condition of the City.
7. Communications from City Clerk:
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor License-Class I (on premises), for Alabama Slammer II, 2970 East Main Street, by Walther Palmeri.
- Application for a Special Events Retail License (7 days or less), for Blue Moon Cafe, 172 South Foster Street, by Janna Everett.
8. Public Hearing regarding the demolition and removal of unsafe structures.
9. Res. No._________Declaring certain properties as creating a nuisance, constituting a hazard to the public health, safety and convenience of the citizens and authorizing the demolition and removal of said properties.
Documents:Authorizing Demolition of Property.pdf
10. Res. No._________Assessing properties for the cost of demolition of substandard structures and turning the amounts over to the county tax collector to be added to the next regular bills for taxes levied against the respective lots and/or parcels of land.
Documents:Assessing Cost for Demolition.pdf
11. Res. No._________Submitting a grant revision request to the Alabama Department of Environmental Management to change the itemized budget to reflect the purchase of carts and bins only.
12. Res. No._________Entering into a contract with Guardian Systems, Inc. for the 2014 Professional Laboratory Services for the City of Dothan Drinking Water Monitoring Program.
13. Res. No._________Authorizing the Mayor to file an application for a twenty (20) year loan to be made at three and one-half percent (3.5%) interest by the Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority in the amount of $19,231,000.00 for the Dothan Wastewater System Improvement Project.
14. Res. No._________Approving the final Summary Change Order with APAC Mid-South, Inc., for necessary changes involved with the construction of the entrance road for the new Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, which results in a cost increase in the amount of $127,613.85 and making the final adjusted contract price $1,271,227.85, and appropriating funds for said Change Order.
Documents:Summary Change Order APAC.pdf
15. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Dell SecureWorks, Inc. to provide external network vulnerability scanning of select systems at a cost of $1,500.00 for a one year period.
Documents:Agreement Dell SecureWorks.pdf
16. Res. No._________Entering into a contract with Dothan Destinations (a division of Scenic Cable) for advertising for Water World at a cost of $2,900.00.
17. Res. No._________Entering into a contract with Durden Outdoor Display, Inc. for digital sign network advertising for Water World at a cost of $3,000.00.
Documents:Contract-Durden Outdoor Display.pdf
18. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with SunGard Public Sector for the purchase of interface software development for OnLine Utility Exchange in the amount of $2,500.00.
Documents:Agreement-SunGard Public Sector.pdf
19. Res. No. _________Approving payment of invoices for the month of March, 2014 in the amount of $12,052,012.74.
20. Res. No._________Re-appointing Debora Pettway as a member of the Planning Commission.
21. Res. No._________Awarding bids and approving purchases over $15,000.00 by the City.
Documents:Bids and Purchases.pdf
22. Res. No._________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.