Dothan Commission Agenda For March 18Rickey Stokes
Posted by: RStokes
Date: Mar 17 2014 3:55 PM
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
10:00 A.M., MARCH 18, 2014
Invocation: Pastor Stacy Turney-Church at the Crossing
Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Newsome
Roll Call: Schmitz__Dorsey__Newsome__Kirkland__Ferguson__ Barbaree__Baxley__
Approval of Previous Minutes:
- Minutes of Meeting of March 4, 2014.
Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
- Proclamation - "Houston County Gives Day" - David Duke, Executive Director, Wiregrass United Way 2-1-1, Southeast Alabama.
- Proclamation - "Welcome Home Day" - Max Roberts, Vietnam Veterans Chapter 373 and Ed Pritchard, VFW Commander.
Communications from City Manager:
Communications from City Clerk:
- Application for a Lounge Retail Liquor License-Class I (on or off premise), for Overtime Sports Bar and Lounge, 3803 Ross Clark Circle, Suite 3, by Jerrilyn Evans.
- Application for a Retail Beer and Retail Table Wine License (off premise), for Raceway 6927, located at 1581 Ross Clark Circle, by Nirav Patel.
- Application for a Special Event License (on premise), for The Tiger Trek, located at 5622 Hwy. 231 South, by Alan Anderson.
- Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License (on premise), for Oak 151, located at 151 North Foster Street, by Dustin Parkman.
Ord. No.__________Rezoning property owned by Helen Logan Brown located on 2603 West Main Street from R-1 (Residential Single-Family, Low Density) District to O-2 (Office Park) District.
Res. No._________Confirming the cost incurred in notification and abatement of certain properties determined to be nuisances by Resolution Number 2014-10 and 2014-47 and turning the costs over to the County Tax Collector so that the amounts can be added to the next regular bills for taxes levied against the respective lots and parcels of land.
Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with AssetWorks Appraisal for appraisal services for all city structures at a cost of $27,485.00.
Res. No._________Executing a Memorandum of Agreement with the Alabama Department of Public Safety to reimburse the City for certain expenses incurred in providing training to student officers at the Alabama Criminal Justice Training Center.
Res. No._________Executing a Memorandum of Agreement with the United States Secret Service (USSS) to participate in the U.S. Secret Alabama Electronic Crimes Task Force for reimbursement of overtime expenses totaling $2,500.00.
Res. No._________Accepting a grant award from Columbia Sportswear in the amount of $5,000.00 for building trailheads for the Forever Wild Project and appropriating funds for said project.
Res. No._________Approving payment of invoices for the month of February, 2014 in the amount of $14,792,194.20.
Res. No._________Re-appointing Charles Waid as a member of the Board of Adjustments and Appeals.
Res. No._________Appointing John McConnell as a member of the Board of Adjustments and Appeals.
Res. No._________Awarding bids and approving purchases over $15,000.00 by the City.
Res. No._________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.
Announcing the reappointment of Lisa Kelly as a member of the Housing Authority Board of the City of Dothan.