Dothan Fire Responds To Reported Structure FireRickey Stokes
Posted by: RStokes
Date: Feb 27 2013 7:38 AM
DOTHAN: At 7:14 AM Dothan 911 dispatched Dothan Fire, Dothan Police and Pilcher’s Ambulance to a reported structure fire at 308 East Savannah Street. The initial repots on dispatch was fire from kerosene heater.
Multiple Dothan Fire Engines responded to the scene. he first on the scene was Training Chief Pete Webb. On Webb’s arrival he reported that an adult and child were sitting across from the residence. Webb reported a single story wood frame residential structure with no smoke or fire visible.
Dothan Fire units then reported no active fire only fire contained to kerosene heater and there was smoke inside the residence. The house was ventilated. Dothan Fire and Pilcher’s Ambulance did treat the adult and child for smoke inhalation but no one was transported from the scene.
Dothan Police Officer Jewel was on the scene and Dothan Police Sgt. Collins.
OF SPECIAL NOTE: The residents had working smoke detectors. Dothan Fire re-set the smoke detectors. SMOKE DETECTORS SAVE LIVES. If need a smoke detector call the Dothan Fire Department. If you yours checked to make sure in working condition, call Dothan Fire Detectors. YOUR LIFE COULD DEPEND ON IT!!!!