Fifteen Years Later – Still No Suspects in Double MurderMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jul 29 2014 8:19 AM
OZARK: One of the most mysterious cases in the southeast Alabama will be entering it's 15th year of being unsolved as the month of July comes to an end.
The two young girls were about to enter their senior year of high school, both were found in the trunk of a black Mazda 929 shot to death.
A prayer vigil will be held at the site where J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett were discovered on July 31st at 7:00 PM.
Authorities don’t have much more information today than they did 15 years ago. This case has been profiled on national television numerous times, yet still remains unsolved.
This case needs to be solved and the person or persons responsible brought to Justice. Below is information that is known about this case.
- Beasley and Hawlett were out together the night of July 31, 1999.
- Beasley and Hawlett stopped at an Ozark gas station to use a pay phone.
- The last sight of the black, Mazda 929 they were driving was a glimpse from surveillance video at the gas station.
- Beasley and Hawlett were reported missing.
- The Mazda was found in a wooded area of Herring Avenue sitting unattended on the roadside.
- The bodies of Beasley and Hawlett were discovered when authorities later opened the trunk of the vehicle at the Herring Avenue site