Henry County Emergency Management On Top Of Weather and Gives AdvisoriesRickey Stokes
Posted by: RStokes
Date: Jan 28 2014 10:46 AM
HENRY COUNTY: Henry County Emergency Management Director Ronnie Dollar has been busy the past several days and today in preparation of the weather events coming our way.
Dollar has met with emergency officials and they are prepared for the weather.
Dollar urges everyone not to drive unless necessary later this afternoon and into the night. The roads could be slick with ice and sleet. Travel on bridges could be especially dangerous.
Dollar said in Elmore County Alabama they are already experiencing dangerous road conditions and an 11 car accident today. So again, he expresses safety.
The Henry County Schools will be closed on Wednesday.
The phone number to Emergency Management is 334-585-6702. Abbeville Police is 334-585-2222, Henry County Sheriff Department is 334-585-3131 and Headland Police is 334-693-2222.
The storm can be tracked through the National Weather Service web site and current conditions monitored.
If anyone needs warming stations or shelter call Henry County Emergency Management or local law enforcement agencies for directions.
Current Weather Conditions
Today A chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain between noon and 5pm, then freezing rain after 5pm. Steady temperature around 32. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.2 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then snow and sleet likely between midnight and 3am, then a chance of snow after 3am. Low around 26. Wind chill values as low as 16. North wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Wednesday A chance of freezing rain and sleet before noon. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as 15. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 49. East wind around 5 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 32.