Houston County Commission Administrative Meeting for 04-10-14Matt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Apr 10 2014 11:19 AM
HOUSTON COUNTY COMMISSION
April 10, 2014
Awards and Presentations
1. Presentation by Toadlick Music Festival — Chris Gilbert, President, Toadlick Entertainment
1. Appointment to the Houston County Department of Human Resources — James Daniel
2. Request to approve budget amendment for EMA grant expenditures to the 2013/2014 budget for
a total increase of $31,399.73.
3. Request to award bid for convection oven for the Houston County jail.
4. Request from the Sheriff to award the bid for the purchase of the X-Ray machine to be used at the Courthouse.
5. Request to purchase 1 new dump truck for Road and Bridge.
6. Request to approve Right of Way Encroachment Policy.
This policy reads as follows;
RIGHT OF WAY ENCROACHMENT POLICY
POLICY: To establish a policy to prevent Hazardous structures on Houston County's Right of Ways.
Procedures: NO RIGHT OF WAY ENCROACHMENTS ARE ALLOWED
ON COUNTY RIGHT OF WAY (such as non-breakaway mail boxes, brick mailboxes, brick columns, brick head walls, concrete columns, fences, buildings, etc.) No mailbox made of brick or any type of non-breakaway materials are allowed on Houston County right of ways. Mailboxes on the right of way must be mounted on a wooden post not greater than 4"x4" or 4" in diameter, or 2" in diameter hollow thin walled metal post.
Mailboxes should also comply with the United States Postal Service Regulations. A copy of this
Encroachment Policy will be given out when a driveway pipe is sized and/or a building permit application is applied for. Any existing hazard on the right of way will be removed by Houston County after thirty (30) days from the date shown on the notification letter.
7. Request to award bid for crushed limestone.