HOUSTON COUNTY COMMISSION METTINGMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jul 14 2014 8:15 AM
HOUSTON COUNTY COMMISSION METTING
JULY 14, 2014
Call to Order, Declare a Quorum Present, and Welcome – Acting Chairperson, Melinda S. McClendon
Invocation – Rev. Clint McBroom, Pastor, Highland Park United Methodist Church
Pledge of Allegiance – Commissioner Curtis Harvey
Approval of the Minutes of the last Meeting
Announcements and Public Comments from Chairperson and Commission
- Request to appoint Commissioner Albert Kirkland to fill an unexpired term on SARCOA Board.
- Request from the Town of Cottonwood for assistance with building a parking lot on the south side of Houston Street, the first phase of the expansion of Bruner Park – Mayor Ken Hamilton.
- Request from Lucy Volunteer Fire Department for in-kind services for a new fire station to be located on Truitt Road to include removal of trees including stumpage, fill dirt, and grading for construction pad.
- Request from MidSouth Bancorporation for Houston County to accept a property donation of Old Dixie Plant Food, and to authorize the County Attorney and Chairman to prepare and execute the necessary documents.
- Request from Revenue Commissioner to approve annual list of 2013 Insolvents, Errors and Taxes in Litigation, and Uncollected Insolvents and Litigations for previous years.
- Request to enter into an Agreement with ALDOT (FHWA) to replace cross-drains on County Road #8 between Springhill Road and Pitcher Hart Road.
- Request to approve items to be sold on GovDeals.
Chief Administrative Officer