UPDATED @ 6:25 PM With Job Description UPDATED: Resumes Released for Dothan Houston County Emergency Management DirectorRickey Stokes
Posted by: RStokes
Date: Apr 05 2013 12:32 AM
DOTHAN - HOUSTON COUNTY: Houston County Personnel Director Sheri Thompson released the 20 resumes submitted for Dothan - Houston County Emergency Management Director.
On May 2013 current EMA Director Clark Matthews will retire. Matthews came to Houston County after his first retirement from the federal retirement system as a Ft. Rucker Fire Department. It takes 10 years to get vested in Alabama Retirement System. Matthews will complete his 10 years in May and will retire.
Houston County Personnel Director Sheri Thompson released the resumes which will get scanned and post. The list of the names are:
1. James R. Barrett II of Dothan Al.: Employed with United States Army. READ FULL RESUME
2. James Brazer of Dothan Al.: Currently Assistant Jail Commander to Houston County Sheriff Andy Hughes. An impressive 5 pages of specialized training required by the Federal Emergency Management in preparation as an Emergency Manager. READ FULL RESUME
3. Gary Bruce of Dothan Al.: Former radio and news business, serving as TV Anchor and Weatherman. Experience with the Doppler Radar System. READ FULL RESUME
4. Steve Detwiler of Walnut Creek California. Currently with the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Region IX. READ FULL RESUME
5. Steve Carlisle of Dothan Al.: Currently Community Coordinator/Operations Manager for Dothan - Houston County Emergency Management. Hired by Matthews after his retirement with Matthews from the Ft. Rucker Fire Department. Has served with Matthews during his tenure as EMA Director. READ FULL RESUME
6. Benny Dean Dobbs of Dothan Al.: Role player for ICE at Ft. Rucker to train military with S.E.R.E. Program, Ferrell Gas as a Commercial Haz-Mat Tanker Driver, Surgery Technician at Wiregrass Spray and Neuter, Served as a Deputy Sheriff with Pitt County Sheriff in Greenville North Carolina. READ FULL RESUME
7. Kamika Richelle Durr of Magee Mississippi. Currently Mississippi Emergency Management Agency in Pearl Mississippi. READ FULL RESUME
8. J. Scott Gerard of Xinzheng, Henan China. March 2013 to present Course Development Contractor. August 2012 to present Cooperative Teacher. READ FULL RESUME
9. Charles Gibson of Dothan Al.: From 1998 to present responsible for management and budgeting of all operations for The Dothan Eagle. READ FULL RESUME
10. Ciji Griffin of Auburn Al.: Decembellr 2010 to present Alabama Cooperative Extension System Tuskegee Alabama., Urban Regional Extension Agent READ FULL RESUME
11. Charles D. Hunter of Cottonwood Al.: From 1995 to present State Certified Technician with the Houston County Board of Education. Former Fire and Rescue volunteer with Columbia Fire and Former Fire Chief in Columbia Alabama. READ FULL RESUME
12. Benny G. Ketchum of Dothan Al.: October 2007 to present with Dothan Police Department. Has worked as a Police Officer, Criminal Investigator, and Nationally Certified Bomb Technician. READ FULL RESUME
13. Daryl McDaniel of Longview WA.: Fire Chief August 1, 2004 to February 28, 2013 in the City of Longview WA: Leading a department of 50 and managing a budget of $ 6.8 million dollars. READ FULL RESUME
14. Troy S. Mead of Tulsa Oklahoma: 21 years in Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Services and Public Health. READ FULL RESUME
15. Jerry Payne Moore III of Dothan Al.: From 2008 to present with Dothan Police Department. Served as a Police Officer and Field Training Officer. READ FULL RESUME
16. Michael Posey of Fort Payne Al.: Currently an Emergency Manager with 1.5 years experience. READ FULL RESUME
17. Philip C. Prince of Castroville Texas: Currently Fire Chief at Balcones Heights Fire Department in San Antonio Texas. From 1999 through 2007 was a Dothan Fireman, retiring as a Battalion Chief in 2007 from Dothan. READ FULL RESUME
18. Rita Smith of Opelika Al.: Currently with Lee County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management in Opelika Alabama from 2008 to present. Serves as Public Information Officer/Grants Manager. READ FULL RESUME
19. J.A. Stakenburg of Cape Coral Florida: Chief of Operations in the Lee County Public Safety and Emergency Management in Lee County Florida 2007 to 2012. READ FULL RESUME
20. Anthony J. Wilson of Enterprise Al.: From 2009 - 2013 with RAPISCAN Enterprise responsible for cargo screening. READ FULL RESUME
My limited understanding, Chairman Culver has appointed a committee to include County Commissioners and other officials including Farley Nuclear Plant representatives to review the applications and weed them down.
At that point the candidates will be interviewed by the Houston County Commissioners and then the majority of the members of the Houston County Commissioners will make a decision.
The Chairman of the County Commission, Mark Culver, might can suggest to the county commission. However the Chairman of the Commission is not allowed to make a motion or vote unless there is a tie.
When Dothan - Houston County Emergency Management Director Shelby Womack retired, the Houston County Commission did not accept applications. The commission hired Matthews as EMA Director without the benefit of letting others apply.
This time, for some unknown reason, the commission took applications.
When the commission just hired a County Engineer, they did not take applications. They just hired Barkley.