Sizzling 16 Restaurants Announced in Alabama’s Best Steak Contest
Posted by: Thomas Azar
Date: Aug 20 2013 8:44 PM
On August 16th, the “Sizzling 16” restaurants were announced to begin the bracket challenge of the Alabama’s Best Steak contest, sponsored by the Alabama Cattlemen’s Association and Beef Checkoff program. Consumers across the state have been nominating and casting votes for their favorite steak restaurant since June 20th, and the 1678 votes for 105 nominated restaurants have been compiled to determine the “Sizzling 16” restaurants. The bracket challenge divides the state into 4 regions and has the top 4 vote-getters from each region.
Now that the bracket challenge has started, votes have been zeroed out for each restaurant and it is up to consumers to keep voting for their favorite restaurant to help them through to the “Enticing 8” and finally the “Fiery 4” brackets, which will be announced on August 30th. Voting can be done by visiting the Alabama Cattlemen’s Association Facebook Page and clicking on “Contests” or by texting BEEF to 20566.
Once the “Fiery 4” restaurants have been determined by consumers, a team of secret judges will visit each top restaurant during the month of September. Their scores will ultimately name the winner of the Alabama’s Best Steak contest!
(BE SURE TO VOTE FOR CONESTOGA STEAKHOUSE!)
BE SURE TO VOTE FOR CONESTOGA STEAKHOUSE!
Alabama Best Steak
- Restaurant must be located in Alabama
- Product must be a beef steak on the menu of that restaurant
- This contest is designed for a restaurant to win. No votes will be accepted for individuals that prepare good steaks. Only restaurants can receive votes.
- Visiting bamabeef.org and clicking the "Alabama's Best steak" icon.
- Text BEEF to 20566
- Clicking through on a banner advertisement appearing on Raycom online websites throughout the state to visit the voting website
- Using the QR (quick response) code on posters and advertisements in restaurants.
- Voting will begin June 20, 2013 and end on August 30, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
- On August 16th, the "Sizzling 16" bracket will be announced which will include the top 4 vote getters from the North, Central, South and Gulf Coast regions of the state.
- Once the Sizzling 16 is announced voters will have one week to vote in order to advance their favorite restaurant into the "Enticing 8". This will be repeated once again the following week in order to determine the "Fiery 4".
- A team of anonymous judges will visit each restaurant in the "Fiery 4" to eat and judge a steak. Each judge will eat their choice of steak cut as they visit the restaurants.
- Restaurants will NOT be notified when judges will visit
- Steaks will be judged based on:
- o Overall Flavor
- o Tenderness
- o Juiciness
- The Winning Restaurant Will Be Announced After All Judging Has Been Completed
BE SURE TO VOTE FOR CONESTOGA STEAKHOUSE!!!