Today's Dothan City Commission Meeting Agenda
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Feb 05 2013 8:53 AM
CITY COMMISSION MEETING
February 5, 2013 at 10:00 A.M.
1.Invocation: Reverend Mark Lily - Cloverdale United Methodist Church
2.Pledge of Allegiance: Commissioner Snellgrove
3.Roll Call: Schmitz__Reading__Newsome__Kirkland__Snellgrove__ Barbaree__Baxley__
4. Approval of Previous Minutes:
· Minutes of Meeting of January 15, 2013.
5.Communications from Mayor and City Commissioners:
· Proclamation - "American Heart Month" - Michael Jackson, The DuBois Institute
Documents: proclamation - american heart month.pdf
Communications from City Manager:
· Intelligent Transportation System Presentation - Gresham, Smith and Partners
· Landfill Water Testing Presentation - Tuscaloosa Testing Laboratories
· Update from George Harris
7. Communications from City Clerk:
· Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License (on premise) for Nektar, 161 EAst Main Street, by Bulut Kartal.
· Application for a Restaurant Retail Liquor License (on premise) for Taj Indian Restaurant and Barbecue, 3102 Ross Clark Circle, by Ritesh Mohan.
· Application for a Private Investigator License for David Michael Croft, D/B/A A.T.A. Investigation Firm located at 653 County Road 519, Headland, Alabama.
8. Public Hearing regarding the demolition and removal of unsafe structures.
9.Ord. No._________Rezoning property owned by SRM Properties, LLC located on the south side of Coe Dairy Road in the 1400 and 1500 blocks from H-I District and B-2 District to R-A District.
Documents: rezoning - srm properties llc.pdf
10. Ord. No._________Rezoning property owned by Houston County Health Care Authority located at 1206 Columbia Highway from L-I District to B-2 District.
11. Ord. No._________Declaring property located on Burdeshaw Street as surplus and no longer needed for public or municipal purposes and conveying the property to the Dothan Downtown Redevelopment Authority to be used for a senior citizens development project.
Documents: conveying property to ddra.pdf
12. Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Lose and Associates, Inc. for the Phase I development of the James O. Oates Park in the amount of $365,476.80 and appropriating funds for said design.
13. Res. No._________Moving the District 6B polling location from the Northside Cinema One Building located at 3595 Ross Clark Circle to the Wiregrass Commons Mall Community Room located at 900 Commons Drive.
Documents: moving district 6b polling location.pdf
14. Res. No._________Declaring certain properties as creating a nuisance, constituting a hazard to the public health, safety and convenience of the citizens and authorizing the demolition and removal of said properties.
Documents: demolition of substandard structures.pdf
15. Res. No._________Confirming the cost incurred in notification and abatement of certain properties determined to be nuisances by Resolution Number 2012-186 and 2012-239 and turning the costs over to the County Tax Collector so that the amounts can be added to the next regular bills for taxes levied against the respective lots and parcels of land.
Documents: weed abatement cost.pdf
16. Res. No._________Accepting a grant award in the amount of $50,000.00, entering into an agreement with the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs to construct a “Passive Park for People with Dogs” at Eastgate Park, agreeing to provide matching funds in the amount of $79,000.00 and appropriating funds for said project.
Documents: adeca grant.pdf
17.Res. No._________Entering into an agreement with Motorola for maintenance of the Motorola Astro 7.4 800 MHz P25 radio system at a cost of $23, 230.28 per month for a three year period.
Documents: motorola maintenance agreement.pdf
18. Res. No._________Entering into a permit agreement with the Alabama Department of Transportation for the installation of a tapping sleeve, valve and water line for the remodel of an existing business on Reeves Street.
Documents: aldot permit agreement - reeves street.pdf
19. Res. No._________Appointing Steve Hodges as a member of the Dothan Municipal Housing Code Abatement Board.
Documents: housing code abatement board - hodges.pdf
20.Res. No._________Appointing Jim Freeland as a member of the Planning Commission.
Documents: planning commission - freeland.pdf
21.Res. No._________Appointing Ronald J. Tindall as a member of the Planning Commission.
Documents: planning commission - tindall.pdf
22.Res. No._________Reappointing Critt Snellgrove as a member of the National Peanut Festival Association, Inc. Board of Directors.
23.Res. No._________Approving advance travel requests for City employees.
Documents: travel requests.pdf
24.Res. No._________Approving a purchase over $15,000.00 by the City.
25. Announcing the reappointment of David Jamison as a member of the Housing Authority Board of the City of Dothan.
Documents: housing authority appointment - jamison.pdf