City of Taylor Looking to Hire for the Water Department
Posted by: Staff
Date: Nov 18 2021 2:27 PM
Full-Time with benefits.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Lays pipe, concrete, rocks, and other materials used in the construction, maintenance, and repair of water mains, service lines and meter installs.
- Paints various structures, and performs a variety of other semi-skilled maintenance and repair work.
- Services clean and maintain vehicles, tools, and equipment as necessary.
- Maintains Water Department lawns and landscape.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Drives trucks and other vehicles in connection with light hauling.
- Operates tractors and other smaller equipment when needed.
- Responds to after-hours calls for water outages or repairs as required.
- Repairs and/or replaces asphalt, concrete, landscaping and other hardscape as necessary following water system repairs.
- Local Government Health Insurance – BCBS with Dental (Employer/Employee participation)
- Company paid Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Ten paid holidays
- Paid Vacation: after 1 year of continued service
- State Retirement – Employer/Employee participation
- Paid Sick Time – 6 hours per month.
APPLY IN PERSON AT TAYLOR CITY HALL, 1469 S STATE HWY 605, TAYLOR AL.
No phone calls please.