FDOT Traffic Advisory for Bay and Jackson CountiesMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jul 24 2020 9:10 AM
Chipley – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Bay and Jackson counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
· State Road (S.R.) 390 from Baldwin Road to Jenks Avenue Road Widening – Drivers may encounter intermittent and alternating lane closures on Jenks Avenue near the S.R. 390 intersection from 8:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. Tuesday, July 28 through Thursday, July 30 while crews restripe the roadway. Access to S.R. 390 from Florida Avenue remains temporarily closed. Drivers should detour to Baldwin Road. S.R. 390 north and southbound traffic may still turn on to Florida Avenue.
· S.R. 390 from Jenks Avenue to S.R. 77 Road Widening –Drivers may encounter intermittent day and nighttime lane closures on S.R. 390 and side streets near the Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Indiana avenue intersections, as well as on 13th Street and Michigan Avenue near the intersection. In addition, 16th and 18th streets in Lynn Haven remain closed at S.R. 390 for utility relocation and drainage work.
· S.R. 390 from 23rd Street to Baldwin Road for Road Widening –Airport Drive is closed at the S.R. 390 intersection until approximately Thursday, Aug. 6. Drivers may use Lisenby Avenue and West 30th Street as a detour. In addition, the right turn lane from S.R. 390 southbound onto Lisenby Avenue is closed for drainage repair work. However, right turns onto Lisenby Avenue are still permitted at the traffic signal.
· East Avenue over Watson Bayou Bridge Replacement – East Avenue is closed for new bridge construction. Additional improvements include reconstructing adjacent roadway approaches with earthwork, drainage, asphalt paving, guardrail, fencing and signing and pavement markings. Motorists will utilize marked detour routes throughout the life of the project.
· 23rd Street Flyover from the east end of Hathaway Bridge to west of Michigan Avenue – Westbound U.S. 98 and southbound 23rd Street traffic will encounter intermittent lane closures within the 23rd Street Flyover work zone from 10:30 p.m. to 6 a.m. Sunday, July 26 through Friday, July 31 for roadway paving. Traffic control officers will assist in directing motorists through the work area.
· U.S. 98 Tyndall Air Force Base (TAFB) Flyover – The inside east and westbound travel lanes of U.S. 98 will be closed near the TAFB Airey Avenue main gate through approximately Friday, July 31. All TAFB gates will remain open during the work, though drivers should anticipate the potential for travel delays.
· S.R. 166 (Caverns Road) at Russell Road Turn Lane Construction– Motorists will encounter a detour at Russell Road while crews work on patching pavement. Drivers are reminded to watch for workers and heavy equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
All planned construction activities are weather dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to pay attention to the reduced speed limit when traveling through the construction area.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.