FDOT Traffic Advisory for Bay, Calhoun and Jackson CountiesMatt Boster
Posted by: Matt Boster
Date: Jan 10 2020 11:07 AM
· State Road (S.R.) 388 Widening from S.R. 79 to NW Florida Beaches International Airport- The detour at Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport will remain through spring 2020.
· U.S. 98 at 23rd Street (S.R. 368), 23rd Street Flyover – Changes to traffic at the 23rd Street Flyover have taken effect. Traffic traveling 23rd Street to eastbound U.S. 98 and Port Panama City should use the outside lane. Traffic traveling 23rd Street to westbound U.S. 98 and Panama City Beach should use the inside lane.
- Tennessee Avenue between S.R. 390 and 14th Street Detour for Widening – Tennessee Avenue will be close for construction beginning Tuesday, Jan. 14 and remain closed for approximately four weeks while roadway widening takes place. During the closure S.R. 390 westbound traffic may detour north on Georgia Avenue, then west on 13th Street, and south on Kentucky Avenue to 14th Street. Eastbound traffic will proceed west on 16th Street, then north on Kentucky Avenue, and east on 13th Street.
- Tyndall Parkway from Transmitter Road to U.S. 98A – Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday to Thursday, through February for construction activities
· S.R. 20 over Johnny H. Bailey Creek for Maintenance – Temporary lane closures should be expected Monday, Jan. 13 through Friday, Jan. 17 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for routine bridge maintenance.
· U.S. 90 (S.R. 10) over Apalachicola River Bridge Maintenance - Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, Jan. 12 for routine bridge maintenance.
· S.R. 71 at Malloy Plaza Road Turn Lanes for Maintenance – Lane closures are expected for north and southbound left turn lanes from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17 for concrete filling of no longer used wells.
· U.S. 231 (S.R. 75) from the Bay County Line to Pike Pond Road Testing – Lane closure for the northbound outside lane, Tuesday, Jan. 14 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for core testing.
All planned construction activities are weather dependent and may be rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to pay attention to the reduced speed limit when traveling through the construction area.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.