FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM CDT THIS EVENING
Posted by: JRTyson
Date: May 22 2023 5:01 PM
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...A portion of southeast Alabama, including the following counties, Dale and Houston.
* WHEN...Until 800 PM CDT.
* IMPACTS...Minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 449 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated heavy rain due to thunderstorms. Minor flooding is ongoing or expected to begin shortly in the advisory area. Between 1.5 and 2.5 inches of rain have fallen in the last 1 Hour.
- Additional rainfall amounts of 1 to 2 inches are expected over the area. This additional rain will result in minor flooding.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Daleville, Dothan, Clayhatchee, Power Dam Road, Wicksburg, Cairns Aaf and Hollis Dairy Road.