MPImorgageman wallace samplesDMGFlowers HospitalCherry & Irwin Personal Injury AttorneysChris MaddoxSolomonTri-State ParkingDothan PCDustin FowlerHardwick FlooringThe PlantKennedy Land & TimberMorgage Man Courtney LoveDothan LivestockGreg Faulk




UPDATED @ 11:20 AM. Cottonwood - Hay Bales Fall On 77 Year Old Man

Rickey Stokes

Viewed: 4879

Posted by: RStokes
[email protected]
334-790-1729
Date: Sep 07 2021 10:25 AM

COTTONWOOD:     10:07 PM.    Houston County Sheriff 911 dispatched Cottonwood Rescue - Cottonwood Volunteer Fire - Cottonwood Police Department responded to Whitehead Milling Company for a injury.


A 77 year old man had hay bale(s) fall on his head from about 20’ high. The initial call was the man was unconscious but breathing. The man fell on concrete and busted his head with lacerations to the side of the head.


The hay bales weighed 500 to 1,000 pounds each.


Cottonwood Rescue was leaving Southeast Health from a medical call where they transported the patient to Southeast Health when this call came out.


Due to the severity of the call and understanding of the patient condition Cottonwood Rescue called for Dothan Fire - Mutual Aid - for advanced life support assistance.


Within minutes Cottonwood Police Chief Tony Money and members of Cottonwood Volunteer Fire - Trenton Hall EMT with Dothan Fire and Volunteer with Cottonwood Fire and Jacob Wozow a EMT Sergeant with Ozark Fire Department and a Volunteer with Cottonwood Fire - were on the scene as well as members of Cottonwood Volunteer Rescue.


Cottonwood Ambulance arrived, a spine package was requested by units on the scene, as soon as they rolled up the medical package was placed on the patient and the patient placed in the ambulance.


Cottonwood Rescue met Dothan Fire in front of the Cottonwood Rescue building and boarded the ambulance. They patient was conscious, alert, with complaints of back. The patient was transported emergency to Southeast Health with Dothan Fire Paramedics on board.


On a lot of the ambulances are emergency medical technicians - basic - which can handle about 85% of the 911 calls. The other 15% require advanced level. Dothan Fire Chief Larry Williams has been good to allow Dothan Fire Paramedics to respond to not only allow Houston County EMS but incoming EMS units to the two Dothan Hospitals.


The emergency protocol is to roll what resources are needed to handle the emergency based on what information the 911 Center gets from the person reporting. 


First Funeral

<- back



Nantze SideDMGFun ZoneSEF landBuddysGreg FaulkCherry & Irwin Personal Injury AttorneysWiregrass ElectricWhole Treatment CenterFerhguson WreckerDothan Pest ControlBuddyChris MaddoxHarley Davidsonsoutheast forestry